Insights & Impact

Virtual Event: Actualizing Housing Stabilization Services — July 20

This virtual event will be hosted via Zoom on July 20, 2022. Housing Stabilization Services (HSS) in Minnesota was first available through Medicaid in July 2020. HSS allows providers to bill Medicaid for housing related services, including: housing consultation, housing transition services, and housing sustaining services. As with any new benefit, the roll-out has been… Read more

Virtual Event: Activating Healthcare Assets for Housing & Health Equity — June 7

This virtual event — hosted via Zoom. On June 7, 2022 — will bring together a panel of healthcare leaders to discuss how recent challenges are impacting our work related to social determinants of health. The Center for Community Investment, GMHF’s national partner, and a panel of Minnesota based healthcare institutions will share how they… Read more

Property donations from healthcare organizations lead to housing and improved health outcomes

This property will provide much needed affordable housing for seventy-two veterans. A community of practitioners will provide residents with health support services. Sanford Health’s 2012 strategic land donation was the catalyst for the placement of the Bemidji Veterans Home, which has led to additional new investments and jobs – anticipated to continue flowing into the… Read more

Growing Connections and Collaborations Between Housing and Health

By Bukata Hayes, VP of Racial and Health Equity, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota Linking Housing and Health Equity with Community Health Workers Most of a person’s health is determined outside of a doctor’s office. 20% of health is influenced by clinical care and genetics. The remaining 80% is the result of a… Read more

Technology Park Apartments Case Study

Amid a housing market filled with supply challenges and rising costs, it is more important than ever to design new affordable housing models. To that end, Greater Minnesota Housing Fund has released the Technology Park Apartments affordable housing case study to document one practical and replicable strategy. Built in partnership with Real Estate Equities and… Read more

Older
Colorful banner image featuring the skyline that you might typically see in a small city or town in Greater Minnesota.
MENU