The Minnesota Health & Housing Summit brought together over 150 health and housing professionals to collaborate on strategies and actions both sectors could take together to improve health outcomes through strategically aligned investments in stable and affordable housing. The Health & Housing Summit was attended by health care, human services, affordable housing, and philanthropy professionals from nationally and locally based organizations.
|You can find more materials from the Summit below.|
|Click to View All Case Studies|
During the Summit, attendees learned about national case studies and Minnesota health and housing initiatives that can be replicated and brought to scale. Attendees heard from:
- Jennifer Ho, Commissioner of Minnesota Housing: A call to Action: Why Health & Housing collaboration is essential: How both the economic case and the medical case for “housing first” has been proven repeatedly to improve health outcomes, and how greater investments in housing and alignment of resources will save and change lives.
- Center for Active Design (CfAD): CfAD, based in New York City, was present to present a range of national health and housing case studies from their new report entitled Healthcare – a Cure for Housing.
- Center for Community Investment (CCI): CCI, based in Washington DC, presented best practices from their national program to foster hospital system partnerships and investments to provide stable housing for improved health outcomes. The following health and housing practitioners from hospital systems joined us.
- Bon Secours Mercy Health, Baltimore, MD and Nationwide Children’s Hospital Columbus, OH: Leaders from these prominent hospital systems shared their anchor institution investment strategies and housing development partnerships that have produced affordable housing at scale in Baltimore and Columbus.
- Minnesota Health & Housing Leaders: Minnesota health institutions and housing developers shared recent efforts by Minnesota hospitals, health plans, and affordable housing developers which have demonstrated replicable partnership models that can go to scale with stronger partnerships and investments.
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund (GMHF): GMHF shared its research into 15 current Minnesota health and housing programs and projects from throughout the state, including emerging efforts to foster new cross sector health and housing partnerships.
Materials From the February 25, 2020 Minnesota Health & Housing Summit
|Click to View Full Program||Click to View Entire Presentation||Click to View All Registrants||Click to View Initiative Overview|