The idea for the 48 new homes and supportive services for low-income individual and families, as well as formerly homeless and disabled individuals came out of the 18-month Housing Institute co-hosted by GMHF and the Minnesota Housing Partnership.
Itasca County HRA worked closely with a close-knit group of project partners which included the Minnesota Department of Corrections in addition to the city, county, Northland Counseling, and developer D.W. Jones.
- Beacon Hill, Grand Rapids, MN
- 48 units of affordable housing for formerly homeless individuals, families, vets, and other vulnerable/disabled individuals
- 20 supportive housing units: 10 for formerly homeless individuals/families; 10 for persons with disabilities
- 28 two- and three-bedroom units for families with children
- All units income restricted at or below 60% AMI
- Total Development Cost: $8.6 million
- Minnesota Equity Fund provided $2.5 million in tax credit equity
- Project of the Housing Institute
Minnesota Housing Partnership published a case study about the development.