Loan Portfolio and Data Analyst
The Loan Portfolio and Data Analyst provides analysis of individual loan and combined loan portfolio performance, including loan fund cash flow projections, data analysis and reporting for internal and external parties, assisting with capital raising and data analysis for funder reporting, lending system and process optimization projects for loan servicing, and interacting with loan servicing and loan officer staff to support the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and ensure adequate loan monitoring. This position reports to the CFO and also works closely with the Director of Lending & Programs to prepare board reports, funder and investor reports, and management data analysis reports. The Loan Portfolio and Data Analyst must have demonstrated abilities in management information systems, including loan servicing software, generating complex and standard data-base report queries, producing management dashboards, and preparing MS Excel analysis.
Loan Portfolio Reporting and Analysis
- Create and maintain customized , automated reports and systems that facilitate reporting on individual loan and portfolio level risk, including loan to value, exposure, risk ratings, loan loss reserve, location and borrower concentration, and multifamily property financial information.
- Provide as-needed data, reports, and analysis to finance, lending, and management staff to be used in strategic staff and board discussions, including historical reports and future projections of loan fund activity as well as management dashboard reports.
- Work with the CFO to ensure seamless integration of lending data, accounting, financial analysis and management reporting. Reconcile internal financial information between various data sources to maintain data integrity and accuracy.
- Create and maintain loan fund cash flow projections for use by the CFO and management team.
Compliance and Impact Metric Reporting
- Report on overall loan portfolio and organization level compliance to funders and the Department of Treasury Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund, including GMHF’s annual recertification as a CDFI.
- Stay informed of the latest CDFI compliance regulations. Identify and communicate potential compliance concerns, and work closely with the management team, lending team, and CFO to maintain good standing as a CDFI. Evaluate GMHF’s performance relative to CDFI peers.
- Ensure accurate tracking of impact metrics including loan and grant awards, loans closed, housing units financed, the demographic characteristics of households served by GMHF’s loan products and geographical reach.
- Produce data, reports, and analysis that highlights the impact of GMHF’s socially motivated investment and programs, for use in communications, reporting and fundraising.
- Produce monthly investor report for a real estate investment fund focused on the preservation of Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing. Work with NOAH Fund Manager to validate the report.
- Provide data analysis in the support of finding new sources of lending capital, including grants, debt, and equity sources from public, private, and philanthropic organizations.
- Research and report on market trends that inform management of business cycles, loan and product demand and new opportunities for funding sources and financing products.
- Use surveys, data, and analytical tools to assess borrower demand for financing products.
Management of Information Systems
- Maintain and optimize management information systems including a loan servicing system and a proprietary Microsoft Access database used for prospect management and cash flow projections.
- With the assistance of the finance and loan servicing staff, maintain written process and procedures for onboarding and maintaining loan records in GMHF’s loan servicing system.
- Spearhead special projects to implement new information systems and create new analytical tools which maximize efficiency in reporting and data entry functions.
- Ensure that data entry and validation processes lead to accurate reporting which shows GMHF’s mission impact and meets funder and investor compliance requirements. Assis with collection and entry of data as needed.
Other Operational Support
- Act as backup for the Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting with certain financial activities.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 – 4 years’ professional work experience in financial analysis, statistical analysis, asset management, loan servicing, or portfolio analysis.
- Experience with lending, banking, affordable housing and/or community development lending a plus.
- Expert proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access.
- Familiarity with basic programming such as VBA and SQL is a plus.
- Proficiency in creating customized database reports and queries.
- Experience with loan servicing software and/or GIS mapping skills a plus.
- Expert quantitative and data analysis skills.
- Ability to read and analyze real estate budgets and financial statements.
- Strong communications skills.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Comfortable with team work and collaborative work products, with the ability to also think conceptually and independently to solve problems.
- Personal maturity and emotional intelligence to work effectively with a range of personnel and engage in iterative analytical processes including feedback and ongoing collaboration and input from peers.
- Ability to remain responsive to the day-to-day needs of the organization while managing a number of diverse priorities, projects, and deadlines.
- High energy, flexibility and drive to work in an entrepreneurial organization.
- Passion for affordable housing, community development, social justice.
- A commitment and ongoing interest in working in the non-profit field.
Posted January 12, 2018.
GMHF is an equal opportunity employer and program provider.
No one will be denied the opportunity to participate in GMHF’s programs, employment, or promotion, based on race, color, creed, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, sex, or membership in a local human rights commission.