On March 2, 2017 the Family Housing Fund and Greater Minnesota Housing Fund hosted a forum with leaders of the affordable housing network.
The forum covered the new realities that impact availability of federally authorized tax-exempt bonds in Minnesota. The discussion centered on a new proposal from Housing Advocates for Vitality and Equity Now (HAVEN) and how it could affect other housing resources.
- Ryan Baumtrog, Assistant Commissioner for Policy, Minnesota Housing
- Paul Sween, Managing Partner, Dominium
- Owen Metz, Vice President and Project Partner, Dominium
- Pam Wheelock, Chief Operating Officer, Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
- Minnesota Housing Presentation (PDF) and Handout on Tax Exempt Bonding Authority (PDF)
- HAVEN Presentation by Family Housing Fund (PDF)
- Comparison of Current Statute and HAVEN Proposal (PDF prepared by the Family Housing Fund)
- HAVEN Proposal Pros and Cons (PDF Prepared by Greater Minnesota Housing Fund)
This event was co-hosted by GMHF and Family Housing Fund.